The desire of a woman to try “something new” in the culinary field has transformed into a nightmare. That day, the lady went shopping to the military supermarket of Honolulu (USA) where they prepared also food to go, and she was tempted by the idea of trying something new: boiled peanuts. Once she observed her food more carefully, she found a nasty surprise waiting. In the middle of her peanuts there was the body – boiled as well – of a mouse.
“I could not believe it, I was going to throw up in front of everyone,” said the woman to the bystanders. “I almost began to scream when I saw the boiled mouse in my flat” she told the Hawaii News Now, the local newspaper. The mysterious presence of the rodent in the peanuts was unveiled by the rat disinfestation company that intervened hastily after the incident. “Probably – explained the operators – the animal was eating the peanuts when he was thrown in the pot and ended up dead”. Obviously, the restaurant went through all the necessary health checks, but it is very likely that – because of the boiled mouse – it is going to lose many customers.